Tuesday, March 12, 2013

How Could You Tell Me That I Was Wrong?

He had it coming.


Such an amazing musical. Tonight I went to go see "Chicago" on Broadway. SO GOOD. I don't even know how to express it in words. Needless to say, I'm already obsessing over the soundtrack. Figures. However, let's go over my adventures in order, shall we?

I started my day in Manhattan eating breakfast at Tiffany's. I had never done it, and it was definitely on the bucket list. Sadly, today was raining all day so I couldn't get as many pictures, but I definitely took some keepers. Don't mind me for blowing up Instagram. Migrating the city in the rain was annoying, but not particularly difficult.

In my crazy imagination, I picture the people of New York City, singing a rendition of "Singing in the Rain"on rainy days, but sadly, it's pretty standard: umbrellas, baseball caps, and frizzy hair.

For those of you who don't know, Tiffany's isn't actually a breakfast joint; it's a jewelry store, Tiffany & Co., and a very nice one at that. Go see the movie, if you're confused. You can check out the merchandise here. Don't get too attached, it's not the cheapest. Believe me, I spent a good part of the afternoon depressed (not really). As with every morning, I needed some Starbucks. The closest Starbucks was the one in Trump Tower. So I grabbed some coffee and a muffin from Trump Tower and headed over to eat in front of Tiffany's. As I was walking out the door, I actually saw Donald Trump! I was not expecting to see him, but there he just appeared. (Fate is so on my side this trip). iPhone quality isn't fabulous, but I did snag some pictures.


Jewelry at its Finest.
After eating in front of Tiffany's, I did some shopping. Tiffany's is conveniently on Fifth Avenue, known for its many stores. I went into way too many stores to list, but they included Prada, Armani, H&M, Tommy Hilfiger, and many many others. While most of the stores were too ridiculously expensive to even think about purchasing anything, I did manage to get a few good deals.



 On my way through the city, I stopped at some of my favorite city sites for some valuable photographic moments: Rockefeller Center (Sadly, the ice skating rink is closed this time of year), Bryant Park, Radio City Music Hall, Chrysler Building, Faconable, and NBC (I JUST missed Justin Timberlake on SNL too. Ugh.).

Prometheus at Rockefellar
Rockefeller Center




Radio City Side View
And...the front




Bryant Park


Atlas outside of Faconelle






Mamma Mia!



















After lunch (the most delicious pasta and cheesecake of my life), I walked back to 42nd to do some more shopping. I was meeting Melissa there again today for dinner before Chicago. Of course, I had to take some pictures of my favorite stores in Times Square.


I adore the Yankees Store





















After some more light (or not) shopping, I met Melissa and my aunt Tanya for dinner at TGIF. After dinner, we headed over to The Ambassador for "Chicago." As aforementioned, it was phenomenal. I didn't want it to end. Sadly, photography wasn't allowed so I couldn't get pictures of the show, but I did get plenty of the theater before my phone died. Of course, I had to buy some Chicago merch. There wasn't even a question about it.

After the show, I migrated through Times Square, ran into the Statue of Liberty (A person, not the actual statue on Liberty Island...obviously), and made it to the Port Authority to catch my bus back to Jersey.

Donald Trump...ish



The Ambassador Theatre



I wish I could say more about today, but there's not really a need to go into detail about shopping. I could, however, write an entire post on Chicago, but I'll refrain (for your sake). One detail worth noting, I did see someone chase someone to return a phone he had left on the bus. Kindness! It actually is possible (for those of you who think ill of this city).

Until next time!

xoxo,



















No comments:

Post a Comment